Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Day Off

Today I had the day off, so I was able to get around to some things I'd been putting off as well as do a little carving. The spoon is coming along nicely. I've nearly finished shaping it. Now I just need to trim it down some more to make it a manageable size.

While I carved, I ate some leftover chicken legs from the other nights dinner. Not too shabby a lunch if I do say so.



Then I did some gear repairs. Anyone who knows me knows that I almost exclusively wear wool socks during the colder months. So after almost a season of wear I had a cheap pair blow out on me. No worries. Just a chance to practice my sewing skills. So today I did some repair work on the socks as well as a wool sweater I had torn out at the arm pit. For sewing and other repairs, I use bankline. It's waterproof and will hold up to almost anything. I've had a bankline bracelet on for over a year, and it is showing no signs of wear. Any man worth his salt should be able to sew and do it well. I've got a sewing kit in my office and my kit stocked with bankline. If you don't have any, I recommend you pick some up today. It's as versatile as it is tough. 


No comments:

Post a Comment